Friday, October 21, 2011

Here's to my Friends... (You know who you are.)



What makes your best friends the "best"? I've always wondered that. Also, when do you know that they're more than just another one of your friends? I always figured it was this unconditional friendship. I feel like you know someone's your best friend when they will do almost anything for you no questions asked. I think it's pretty special when you find someone like that.

Do I think I have "best friends"? I'm not sure. There are people I would consider MY best friends, but I really don't know about the other way around. Frankly, I don't really care that much. I feel like it's not worth all the worry. You're never gonna get really close with someone if you're constantly fearing that they don't like you as much as you like them. I'm POSITIVE there are people out there who don't like me as much as I like them. But that's LIFE. I spend time around the people that make me happy.

Some people might argue that there could be conflict in that. For example, what if you get into a situation where you're putting a lot more into the friendship than the other person is? I have a pretty obvious answer:

If you're CLEARLY putting way more into the friendship than the other person, then they're probably not making you that happy in the long run. And all I'm saying is you should spend time with the people that make you HAPPY.

My advice: Don't get too caught up in worrying if people like you or not. Chances are, if they don't like you, you'll know. Just do what makes you happy.

To all the friends of mine who are reading this: Thanks. I value every one of you SO much. To those of you who I text WAY too much (you know who you are ;P),  it's just because you make me really happy. To those of you who I don't talk to as much as you would like me to, take initiative! I probably don't realize it!

I love you all <3

- Monster

No comments:

Post a Comment