Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Biracial Oreos

Buenos Dias/Tardes/Noches.
I'm not in a very philosophical mood right now, but I am however in the mood to talk about myself. I was daydreaming during class today (as I generally do), and I was thinking about the things I say on a regular basis. I also started thing about the things I regularly do. It was pretty interesting, so I hope I inspire you to do the same thing.

Commonly Used Phrases:

"Be who you wanna be" - I am a big believer in encouraging people to be who they wanna be, and do what makes them happy. But picture me saying this like a stoner-hippie.

"Just go for it" - Stole this one from a friend some time last year. It has more to do with the sarcastic encouragement towards others.

"It's a BIG deal." - I tend to say this a lot around people when they're trying to be very nonchalant. I then return it in a very serious tone with "No. Its a really BIG deal."

"Hey Girl/Yes Ma'am/Yes Sir/Girlfraand/etc." - I evidently enjoy calling people by titles.

"Aight" - I get very bored with saying "yes", or "ok".

"You wanna go?!" - This one I use a LOT. It's kind of a challenge in a jokingly way. It's like "do you want to fight me? Right here. Right now. I can take you."

Other Stuff I Say/Do:

I have a specific type of dancing that like to do a lot where I move my hips and torso and arms around in a very smooth way.

I LOVE high-fiving people.

I recently have gotten in the habit of doing a slowmotion punch.

I made up the phrase "Walk with purpose". It's the idea that you should walk everywhere you go knowing your destination, and showing it.

I also made up the named "Biracial Oreos" for the oreos that are half black and half white.

Well those are all the things I can think of now. But it's really interesting to think about. Especially since it wasn't too many years ago that I was saying things like "Coolio" and "Awesometastic". I think it's worth thinking about what kinds of things YOU do, and why that makes you an individual.

As I like to say, "Be who you wanna be!!!"

- Monster

No comments:

Post a Comment